Based on Schoolboy Q’s previous releases – Blessed and Grooveline Pt. 1 – the SoCal emcee’s been taking a laid back approach to his Habits & Contradictions album. But Q’s here to make sure the world knows that while he’d rather party than fight, he can still throw down a smash of a track like Hands on the Wheel. Producer Best Kept Secret lays down a darkly paced beat that rides the line between banger and hazy stoner anthem, flipping an interpolation of Kid Cudi’s Pursuit of Happiness into a haunting hook. On the mic ScHoolboy promises that while the two most important things in his life are weed and brews, he can still smack down any wack emcee who dares stand in his path. It’s an approach to life that A$AP Rocky takes too as the Harlem native throws down a typically purple drank fueled 16 for the guest verse. While we have to suggest you keep both hands on the wheel while doing so, why not cop ScHoolboy’s new Habits & Contradictions album (out now) and drive around town with the volume cranked to 12?
Written by Nathan S. on 01/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.