Tuesday is when you officially realize the weekend is over, but also realize the upcoming weekend is still a few days away. Tuesday is also known as the day albums are normally released to the masses. Not for TDE: Kendrick’s #Section.80 was released on a Saturday, as was ScHoolboy Q’s brand new Habits & Contradictions. Hey, I’m not complaining as long as the project sounds as dope as Grooveline Pt. 1. With production from Lex Luger you’d normally expect something high energy that makes the bouncers at a club a little nervous. Instead, on Grooveline Lex hits us with something more pacifying and minimalistic, a soulful beat that features a supremely relaxed Roberta Flack sample. Q, with some assistance from Curren$y and fellow left-coast emcee Dom Kennedy, laces the mellow track with rhymes that will ensure hazy smoke fills the room whenever Grooveline is played. And consider yourself officially advised to finish off your weekend by listening to Habits & Contradictions; it’s the perfect way to gear up for the bodyslam that Monday usually provides.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 01/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.