Tuesday is when you officially realize the weekend is over, but also realize the upcoming weekend is still a few days away. Tuesday is also known as the day albums are normally released to the masses. Not for TDE: Kendrick’s #Section.80 was released on a Saturday, as was ScHoolboy Q’s brand new Habits & Contradictions. Hey, I’m not complaining as long as the project sounds as dope as Grooveline Pt. 1. With production from Lex Luger you’d normally expect something high energy that makes the bouncers at a club a little nervous. Instead, on Grooveline Lex hits us with something more pacifying and minimalistic, a soulful beat that features a supremely relaxed Roberta Flack sample. Q, with some assistance from Curren$y and fellow left-coast emcee Dom Kennedy, laces the mellow track with rhymes that will ensure hazy smoke fills the room whenever Grooveline is played. And consider yourself officially advised to finish off your weekend by listening to Habits & Contradictions; it’s the perfect way to gear up for the bodyslam that Monday usually provides.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 01/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.