Tuesday is when you officially realize the weekend is over, but also realize the upcoming weekend is still a few days away. Tuesday is also known as the day albums are normally released to the masses. Not for TDE: Kendrick’s #Section.80 was released on a Saturday, as was ScHoolboy Q’s brand new Habits & Contradictions. Hey, I’m not complaining as long as the project sounds as dope as Grooveline Pt. 1. With production from Lex Luger you’d normally expect something high energy that makes the bouncers at a club a little nervous. Instead, on Grooveline Lex hits us with something more pacifying and minimalistic, a soulful beat that features a supremely relaxed Roberta Flack sample. Q, with some assistance from Curren$y and fellow left-coast emcee Dom Kennedy, laces the mellow track with rhymes that will ensure hazy smoke fills the room whenever Grooveline is played. And consider yourself officially advised to finish off your weekend by listening to Habits & Contradictions; it’s the perfect way to gear up for the bodyslam that Monday usually provides.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 01/16/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)