As a result of his rising stature in the rap game, ScHoolboy Q‘s got a little extra change jingling in his pockets. And he knows exactly what he’s going to invest it in: Collard Greens. Not the kind you eat with peas and cornbread—the kind that gets you so lifted you can’t feel your face. Following late March’s Yay Yay, this freshly-minted mixtape single finds the TDE affiliate rolling up that “king sh*t” as he gets ready to “freak the freckles off” a fine female. THC and Gwen Bunn provide an appropriately blunted synth-percussoin for his bars, as well as those of Black Hippy colleague Kendrick Lamar, who goes above and beyond the call of duty by spitting bars in English, Spanish and (a little bit of) French. Oxymoron currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/11/13
It took me a while to get ScHoolboy Q. While everyone else will claim to have known Q was a rap star in the making since before he was a zygote, I can pretty accurately and honestly track my trajectory into the world of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.