As a result of his rising stature in the rap game, ScHoolboy Q‘s got a little extra change jingling in his pockets. And he knows exactly what he’s going to invest it in: Collard Greens. Not the kind you eat with peas and cornbread—the kind that gets you so lifted you can’t feel your face. Following late March’s Yay Yay, this freshly-minted mixtape single finds the TDE affiliate rolling up that “king sh*t” as he gets ready to “freak the freckles off” a fine female. THC and Gwen Bunn provide an appropriately blunted synth-percussoin for his bars, as well as those of Black Hippy colleague Kendrick Lamar, who goes above and beyond the call of duty by spitting bars in English, Spanish and (a little bit of) French. Oxymoron currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.