In common parlance, to “Break the Bank” means to spend till you haven’t got a dime left. On his latest feature, ScHoolboy Q uses the idiom in the exact opposite sense: once his major-label debut finally drops, the influx of currency into his account will be so massive that the vault storing his cash just might burst at the seams. Coming on the heels of the official video for Man of tHe Year, this fresh song release finds the TDE fast-riser chronicling his transformation from young hustler to budding rap superstar, and looking forward to the licit fortune he’ll soon accumulate thanks to his musical talents. West Coast mainstay The Alchemist handles production, backing the Black Hippy rhymesayer’s inimitably grimy flow with boom-bap percussion and tension-fraught piano loops. Feeling it? You can download Break the Bank for free with a pre-order of Oxymoron, which drops February 25, via TDE/Interscope.
Update: We have added the Jason Goldwatch-directed visuals for Q’s Break The Bank single.
Written by richard on 02/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.