In common parlance, to “Break the Bank” means to spend till you haven’t got a dime left. On his latest feature, ScHoolboy Q uses the idiom in the exact opposite sense: once his major-label debut finally drops, the influx of currency into his account will be so massive that the vault storing his cash just might burst at the seams. Coming on the heels of the official video for Man of tHe Year, this fresh song release finds the TDE fast-riser chronicling his transformation from young hustler to budding rap superstar, and looking forward to the licit fortune he’ll soon accumulate thanks to his musical talents. West Coast mainstay The Alchemist handles production, backing the Black Hippy rhymesayer’s inimitably grimy flow with boom-bap percussion and tension-fraught piano loops. Feeling it? You can download Break the Bank for free with a pre-order of Oxymoron, which drops February 25, via TDE/Interscope.
Update: We have added the Jason Goldwatch-directed visuals for Q’s Break The Bank single.
Written by richard on 02/21/14
It took me a while to get ScHoolboy Q. While everyone else will claim to have known Q was a rap star in the making since before he was a zygote, I can pretty accurately and honestly track my trajectory into the world of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.