In common parlance, to “Break the Bank” means to spend till you haven’t got a dime left. On his latest feature, ScHoolboy Q uses the idiom in the exact opposite sense: once his major-label debut finally drops, the influx of currency into his account will be so massive that the vault storing his cash just might burst at the seams. Coming on the heels of the official video for Man of tHe Year, this fresh song release finds the TDE fast-riser chronicling his transformation from young hustler to budding rap superstar, and looking forward to the licit fortune he’ll soon accumulate thanks to his musical talents. West Coast mainstay The Alchemist handles production, backing the Black Hippy rhymesayer’s inimitably grimy flow with boom-bap percussion and tension-fraught piano loops. Feeling it? You can download Break the Bank for free with a pre-order of Oxymoron, which drops February 25, via TDE/Interscope.
Update: We have added the Jason Goldwatch-directed visuals for Q’s Break The Bank single.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.