Next week, TDE fast-riser ScHoolboy Q will be unleashing his third studio album, one of the most anticipated hip-hop releases of 2014. If you’re not excited for the LP… well, you may want to check your pulse. Assuming you are still among the living, though, new single Blind THreats may be just the thing to stoke your sense of anticipation to a fever pitch. Follow-up to January’s reader-approved Break the Bank, this joint builds on its predecessor’s low-key, narrative-driven style. Over some delicate string/keyboard production by Lord Quest, ScHoolboy spits vividly about the dark reality behind the dope hustle. Raekwon, whom the headliner has often cited as one of his primary influences, lends his legendary flow to the closing 16. Feeling it? Then be sure to cop Oxymoron when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, February 25.
Written by richard on 02/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.