Next week, TDE fast-riser ScHoolboy Q will be unleashing his third studio album, one of the most anticipated hip-hop releases of 2014. If you’re not excited for the LP… well, you may want to check your pulse. Assuming you are still among the living, though, new single Blind THreats may be just the thing to stoke your sense of anticipation to a fever pitch. Follow-up to January’s reader-approved Break the Bank, this joint builds on its predecessor’s low-key, narrative-driven style. Over some delicate string/keyboard production by Lord Quest, ScHoolboy spits vividly about the dark reality behind the dope hustle. Raekwon, whom the headliner has often cited as one of his primary influences, lends his legendary flow to the closing 16. Feeling it? Then be sure to cop Oxymoron when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, February 25.
Written by richard on 02/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.