Next week, TDE fast-riser ScHoolboy Q will be unleashing his third studio album, one of the most anticipated hip-hop releases of 2014. If you’re not excited for the LP… well, you may want to check your pulse. Assuming you are still among the living, though, new single Blind THreats may be just the thing to stoke your sense of anticipation to a fever pitch. Follow-up to January’s reader-approved Break the Bank, this joint builds on its predecessor’s low-key, narrative-driven style. Over some delicate string/keyboard production by Lord Quest, ScHoolboy spits vividly about the dark reality behind the dope hustle. Raekwon, whom the headliner has often cited as one of his primary influences, lends his legendary flow to the closing 16. Feeling it? Then be sure to cop Oxymoron when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, February 25.
Written by richard on 02/19/14
It took me a while to get ScHoolboy Q. While everyone else will claim to have known Q was a rap star in the making since before he was a zygote, I can pretty accurately and honestly track my trajectory into the world of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Do" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.