If you’re a DJBooth regular, Scheme is a most likely familiar name to you; the Freestyle Series alum has proven to his listeners that he has something to offer (just check the Booth-approved Theme Music). If this is your first time around with the Chi-town rapper, consider this is a great opportunity to introduce yourself. The Midwest representer’s latest, Solitaire, tells about the sacrifices necessary to reach a desired goal, in this case becoming an elite emcee. Over introspective production provided by ILL Brown, soft snares and grooves are matched with heartfelt rhymes. It seems as though the more honest an emcee is, the better the product- with this being no exception, “Secrets I was never told/ Trust I never seemed to gain/ Parties that I never made/ Coc-a that I never slanged” . Whether you’re busy with class, companies, or cocaine, you can mos-def relate to this cut. There’s no word of an upcoming project for Scheme, but let’s hope we get one soon. With everything he’s giving up for music, it should not disappoint.
Written by Jon Garcia on 05/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.