If you’re a DJBooth regular, Scheme is a most likely familiar name to you; the Freestyle Series alum has proven to his listeners that he has something to offer (just check the Booth-approved Theme Music). If this is your first time around with the Chi-town rapper, consider this is a great opportunity to introduce yourself. The Midwest representer’s latest, Solitaire, tells about the sacrifices necessary to reach a desired goal, in this case becoming an elite emcee. Over introspective production provided by ILL Brown, soft snares and grooves are matched with heartfelt rhymes. It seems as though the more honest an emcee is, the better the product- with this being no exception, “Secrets I was never told/ Trust I never seemed to gain/ Parties that I never made/ Coc-a that I never slanged” . Whether you’re busy with class, companies, or cocaine, you can mos-def relate to this cut. There’s no word of an upcoming project for Scheme, but let’s hope we get one soon. With everything he’s giving up for music, it should not disappoint.
Written by Jon Garcia on 05/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.