Grab your finest cigar and a glass of your best Scotch whiskey because Windy City rapper Scheme is heavily on his grown man tip on his latest single, Grown Man Smoke. Scheme puts one in the air and toasts to lesson’s learned and moves made on Grown Man Smoke as he effortlessly glides from verse to verse. The Chicago lyricist flaunts both his lyrical prowess and street smarts on the record as he raps, “I was raised by code of honor/ And learned it early on that you should not f**k with piranhas/ My main focus, remain focused/ My drive’s driven, I’m chauffeured to the better living.” Thanks to an intoxicating mix of horns and keys, The Analyst‘s production on the song seems like it’d be more fitting at a jazz club rather than the local hip-hop spot. You can find Grown Man Smoke on the bilingual (yep, he’s dropping not one but two languages on us) Pesos Turn to Dollars, which Scheme plans to release in the near future.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.