Some up-and-coming emcees skirt around the topic of their bank accounts, while others flat-out lie about their finances (or lack thereof). Booth newcomer Scheme, however, is not ashamed to admit that he knows exactly how it feels to be Broke, as he explains on this unreleased cut. Backed by producer Selfish‘s swung Chipmunk-soul beat, the Windy City rhymesayer expresses solidarity with anyone who’s ever struggled to make ends meet, exhibiting a determination to rise above hardship while acknowledging that there are more important things in life than the Almighty Dollar: “We’re children of no means, we find meaning in God… no matter how broke we are, we’re still chasin’ the top.” Scheme’s wise words, along with the retro-informed boardwork, will undoubtedly earn praise from lovers of conscious, old-school-informed jams. Though this track, recorded three years ago, isn’t set to appear on the artist’s latest street album, fans are sure to find more to their liking on YNotMyDream.com Presents: 1 when it drops late this month.
Listen to More: Scheme
Written by richard on 04/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Pleasure Spittin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.