Chi-Town may be known as the Second City but, as far as Rich Jones, Swords the Ronin and Troy Boy are concerned, it’ll always be the center of attention. On new single Middle of the Map, their first feature since February 2012’s Everyday People, the Second City Citizens let the world know just how happy they are to hail from the capital of the Midwest. Equator Club provide a party-ready instrumental backdrop for the group’s high-energy verses, and Brain Killer handles the official visuals, depicting a Northside party complete with (and I quote) “bubble bath beauties, foxy boxing, and passed out furry girls in their underwear.” This joint isn’t attached to a forthcoming project, but those digging it can stay tuned for more fresh material from these proud Chicagoans.
Written by richard on 02/11/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everyday People " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.