The son of singer/songwriter/producer Harvey Scales, rapper Scalez has had music in his blood for quite some time. Previously known as JR da Superstar, the Milwaukee native was part of local group the Ghostwriters (along with Scott Knoxx) and released the underground album Die Another Day. Currently signed to national indie label DonRico Records, Scalez is set to finally give Mil-Town some much deserved shine with his brand-new single. At first listen, Put It Down might sound like your typical pole dancers’ anthem; if you listen closely, however, and you’ll learn that Scalez loves women who work hard for their money, not only in the strip club but also in office cubicles. Thanks in part to their longstanding work relationship, producer Soundz (see Love In This Club Pt. 2) puts it down with the beat, sampling K-Ci & JoJo’s All My Life. Scalez’ national debut, The Fly Report, is set to land on store shelves in early ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 09/30/08
Submit your Rating
Startime Ent/Z-Row Tolerance Ent
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.