If you think about it, hip-hop owes a lot to whichever cavemen (or women) discovered Fire and the Wheel. Without their innovations, such everyday activities lighting blunts and rolling on chrome would be much more difficult, if not impossible. On his latest promo single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, Bay Area rhymesayer sayknowledge shows appreciation for those early inventors. Mars Today‘s leisurely sample work accompanies the HEEM! emcee as he serves up a low-key, yet engaging mix of lyrical reflection, braggadocio and game-spitting. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Fire and the Wheel isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the San Francisco spitter’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
Submit your Rating
Heavy Keys Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Art Goons" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.