If you think about it, hip-hop owes a lot to whichever cavemen (or women) discovered Fire and the Wheel. Without their innovations, such everyday activities lighting blunts and rolling on chrome would be much more difficult, if not impossible. On his latest promo single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, Bay Area rhymesayer sayknowledge shows appreciation for those early inventors. Mars Today‘s leisurely sample work accompanies the HEEM! emcee as he serves up a low-key, yet engaging mix of lyrical reflection, braggadocio and game-spitting. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Fire and the Wheel isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the San Francisco spitter’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
Submit your Rating
Heavy Keys Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Art Goons" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)