If you think about it, hip-hop owes a lot to whichever cavemen (or women) discovered Fire and the Wheel. Without their innovations, such everyday activities lighting blunts and rolling on chrome would be much more difficult, if not impossible. On his latest promo single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, Bay Area rhymesayer sayknowledge shows appreciation for those early inventors. Mars Today‘s leisurely sample work accompanies the HEEM! emcee as he serves up a low-key, yet engaging mix of lyrical reflection, braggadocio and game-spitting. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Fire and the Wheel isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the San Francisco spitter’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/17/13
Submit your Rating
Heavy Keys Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Art Goons" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.