Already considered the king of New Zealand hip-hop, rapper Savage is hoping that a new domestic record deal with Universal Republic will spread his Kiwi success to the rest of the world. The first single from his U.S. debut will be a remix to his ‘05 down-under, club banger, Swing. Having topped New Zealand’s singles chart for five weeks straight, the 26-year old-Auckland native held an online contest to help him decide who he should feature on the remix; the winner was fellow club jam master Soulja Boy, who saw the song as an opportunity to continue his “she gotta Donk” trend. As Swing starts to get spins all over the world this summer, New Zealanders can sit back laughing—after all, they knew it had hit-power three years ago.
Written by Burmy on 05/14/08
Submit your Rating
Universal Republic/Dawn Raid Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swing (Remix) ft. Pitbull" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)