Already considered the king of New Zealand hip-hop, rapper Savage is hoping that a new domestic record deal with Universal Republic will spread his Kiwi success to the rest of the world. The first single from his U.S. debut will be a remix to his ‘05 down-under, club banger, Swing. Having topped New Zealand’s singles chart for five weeks straight, the 26-year old-Auckland native held an online contest to help him decide who he should feature on the remix; the winner was fellow club jam master Soulja Boy, who saw the song as an opportunity to continue his “she gotta Donk” trend. As Swing starts to get spins all over the world this summer, New Zealanders can sit back laughing—after all, they knew it had hit-power three years ago.
Written by Burmy on 05/14/08
Submit your Rating
Universal Republic/Dawn Raid Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swing (Remix) ft. Pitbull" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.