Already considered the king of New Zealand hip-hop, rapper Savage is hoping that a new domestic record deal with Universal Republic will spread his Kiwi success to the rest of the world. The first single from his U.S. debut will be a remix to his ‘05 down-under, club banger, Swing. Having topped New Zealand’s singles chart for five weeks straight, the 26-year old-Auckland native held an online contest to help him decide who he should feature on the remix; the winner was fellow club jam master Soulja Boy, who saw the song as an opportunity to continue his “she gotta Donk” trend. As Swing starts to get spins all over the world this summer, New Zealanders can sit back laughing—after all, they knew it had hit-power three years ago.
Written by Burmy on 05/14/08
Submit your Rating
Universal Republic/Dawn Raid Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swing (Remix) ft. Pitbull" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.