I’ve always had a great amount of respect for those who drink their coffee black because it’s a drink exclusively for those who are tough enough to handle the undiluted flavor. In a generation full of iced-mocha-frappuccino radio singles, emcee, producer, and songwriter Saukrates offers us some much-needed black coffee with the remix of his newest single, Wednesday. The track, which now features an over-enunciated yet praiseworthy guest verse from Toronto native D-Sisive, showcases Tone Mason’s gritty, occasionally dark production behind Saukrates’ prophetic sound. The stripped beat would be an easy choice for any freestyle battle and could compliment any street vet, but Sauk makes it his own, confidently gracing it with his assertive style. Those who are drawn to this remix will likely find it just as appealing if not even more of a head-nodder than the original, and for good reason. Look out for Wednesday on Saukrates’ forthcoming album, Season One, coming later this year. In the meantime, try to lay off the frappuccinos.
Listen to More: Saukrates
Written by Matty K on 03/18/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Yo! ft. Saukrates" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.