I’ve always had a great amount of respect for those who drink their coffee black because it’s a drink exclusively for those who are tough enough to handle the undiluted flavor. In a generation full of iced-mocha-frappuccino radio singles, emcee, producer, and songwriter Saukrates offers us some much-needed black coffee with the remix of his newest single, Wednesday. The track, which now features an over-enunciated yet praiseworthy guest verse from Toronto native D-Sisive, showcases Tone Mason’s gritty, occasionally dark production behind Saukrates’ prophetic sound. The stripped beat would be an easy choice for any freestyle battle and could compliment any street vet, but Sauk makes it his own, confidently gracing it with his assertive style. Those who are drawn to this remix will likely find it just as appealing if not even more of a head-nodder than the original, and for good reason. Look out for Wednesday on Saukrates’ forthcoming album, Season One, coming later this year. In the meantime, try to lay off the frappuccinos.
Written by Matty K on 03/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Yo! ft. Saukrates" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.