Oh, Canada, what have you brought us this time around? Toronto native (and hip-hop up-and-comer) Saukrates makes his premiere in the Booth today, and as the modern-day father of philosophy, he’s here to invent a way to make it Hot Like Summer year round. On his first solo track feature, Saukrates puts his talents to use over a hauntingly catchy production thrown together by Tone Mason. His deep vocals and steady rhyme pattern reflect his experience in the game, and the feature from Andreena Mill takes the track’s energy to another level with her beautiful contribution on the hook. As a part of Big Black Lincoln (and Redman’s Gilla House Group), the man clearly knows how to grab the listener’s attention and shake it to the core, with intro bars like “I was drunk when I wrote this/So you know that I’m giving you truth.” Damn. If you like what this track has to offer, stay tuned to the Booth for Sauk’s album, Season One, dropping soon.
Written by Sigurd on 11/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Yo! ft. Saukrates" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.