Oh, Canada, what have you brought us this time around? Toronto native (and hip-hop up-and-comer) Saukrates makes his premiere in the Booth today, and as the modern-day father of philosophy, he’s here to invent a way to make it Hot Like Summer year round. On his first solo track feature, Saukrates puts his talents to use over a hauntingly catchy production thrown together by Tone Mason. His deep vocals and steady rhyme pattern reflect his experience in the game, and the feature from Andreena Mill takes the track’s energy to another level with her beautiful contribution on the hook. As a part of Big Black Lincoln (and Redman’s Gilla House Group), the man clearly knows how to grab the listener’s attention and shake it to the core, with intro bars like “I was drunk when I wrote this/So you know that I’m giving you truth.” Damn. If you like what this track has to offer, stay tuned to the Booth for Sauk’s album, Season One, dropping soon.
Written by Sigurd on 11/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Yo! ft. Saukrates" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.