Obviously, firefighters, cops and service men and women are true Heroes. But, on a lesser level, aren’t those who make music Heroes, too? I guess when you compare them, not really, but that doesn’t mean that Saukrates‘s latest single isn’t heroically dope. The way the artist bursts in the door and beats up C4ENT‘s gritty, synth-laced beat is reminiscent of a superhero busting into an enemy lair and pummeling the bad guys. The only difference is that where most superheroes stop, Saukrates just keeps on going. He even lets his guest, fellow Canadian and Booth newcomer Choclair, get in a few shots. This Booth-exclusive world premiere is slated to appear on Canadian label C4ENT‘s forthcoming compilation album, Let’s Be Friends, due out in April.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Yo! ft. Saukrates" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.