Earlier today, we featured Kublakai‘s Daybreak, a street banger perfect for the early-morning commute. But what if your daily grind ends when the sun peeks over the horizon? Then Sauce McKinley‘s DJBooth debut is your jam. Part of his latest mixtape, ‘Til It Dawn finds the Big Apple buzzmaker chronicling his all-night hustle over hazy, synth-driven production by Braden Blair and Matt Cody. And he ain’t the only one who likes pulling all-nighters; Gary, Indiana gangster Freddie Gibbs spits about his own evening activities in a characteristically agile opening 16. Braden Blair and Matt Cody join forces to craft the record’s hazy synth backdrop, and Broken Equipment provides a set of trippy animated visuals. Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to download The Appetizer free of charge via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 03/24/14
In the culinary world, The Appetizer is the first course of a meal, served before the main dish is unleashed. In the rap world... well, it pretty much means the exact same thing. The project before the project. Enter Booth...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.