Earlier today, we featured Kublakai‘s Daybreak, a street banger perfect for the early-morning commute. But what if your daily grind ends when the sun peeks over the horizon? Then Sauce McKinley‘s DJBooth debut is your jam. Part of his latest mixtape, ‘Til It Dawn finds the Big Apple buzzmaker chronicling his all-night hustle over hazy, synth-driven production by Braden Blair and Matt Cody. And he ain’t the only one who likes pulling all-nighters; Gary, Indiana gangster Freddie Gibbs spits about his own evening activities in a characteristically agile opening 16. Braden Blair and Matt Cody join forces to craft the record’s hazy synth backdrop, and Broken Equipment provides a set of trippy animated visuals. Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to download The Appetizer free of charge via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 03/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.