Earlier today, we featured Kublakai‘s Daybreak, a street banger perfect for the early-morning commute. But what if your daily grind ends when the sun peeks over the horizon? Then Sauce McKinley‘s DJBooth debut is your jam. Part of his latest mixtape, ‘Til It Dawn finds the Big Apple buzzmaker chronicling his all-night hustle over hazy, synth-driven production by Braden Blair and Matt Cody. And he ain’t the only one who likes pulling all-nighters; Gary, Indiana gangster Freddie Gibbs spits about his own evening activities in a characteristically agile opening 16. Braden Blair and Matt Cody join forces to craft the record’s hazy synth backdrop, and Broken Equipment provides a set of trippy animated visuals. Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to download The Appetizer free of charge via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 03/24/14
In the culinary world, The Appetizer is the first course of a meal, served before the main dish is unleashed. In the rap world... well, it pretty much means the exact same thing. The project before the project. Enter Booth...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)