Tupac once hypothesized about a magical place called Thugz Mansion where a thug could finally lay his weary head to rest. Growing Booth fave Sassieon Dupris takes that concept one step further on his latest single, taking us to a place called Thug Town. Dupris uses his glossy, airy vocals to paint a picture of being “back in the city of them thugs,” over producer Quentin Miller’s cushioned, synth driven boardwork. While the title and lyrical content might be familiar to those who fancy a street-driven tune, Sassieon’s feathery style and the unique production give it a totally different vibe that makes this jam a quite refreshing, different listen. Thug Town can be found on Sassieon’s Love| Fear| & Fantasies II album, available for free stream right here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/11/13
Submit your Rating
The Row Crew
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)