Tupac once hypothesized about a magical place called Thugz Mansion where a thug could finally lay his weary head to rest. Growing Booth fave Sassieon Dupris takes that concept one step further on his latest single, taking us to a place called Thug Town. Dupris uses his glossy, airy vocals to paint a picture of being “back in the city of them thugs,” over producer Quentin Miller’s cushioned, synth driven boardwork. While the title and lyrical content might be familiar to those who fancy a street-driven tune, Sassieon’s feathery style and the unique production give it a totally different vibe that makes this jam a quite refreshing, different listen. Thug Town can be found on Sassieon’s Love| Fear| & Fantasies II album, available for free stream right here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/11/13
Submit your Rating
The Row Crew
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.