Tupac once hypothesized about a magical place called Thugz Mansion where a thug could finally lay his weary head to rest. Growing Booth fave Sassieon Dupris takes that concept one step further on his latest single, taking us to a place called Thug Town. Dupris uses his glossy, airy vocals to paint a picture of being “back in the city of them thugs,” over producer Quentin Miller’s cushioned, synth driven boardwork. While the title and lyrical content might be familiar to those who fancy a street-driven tune, Sassieon’s feathery style and the unique production give it a totally different vibe that makes this jam a quite refreshing, different listen. Thug Town can be found on Sassieon’s Love| Fear| & Fantasies II album, available for free stream right here at The DJBooth.
The Row Crew
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.