Tupac once hypothesized about a magical place called Thugz Mansion where a thug could finally lay his weary head to rest. Growing Booth fave Sassieon Dupris takes that concept one step further on his latest single, taking us to a place called Thug Town. Dupris uses his glossy, airy vocals to paint a picture of being “back in the city of them thugs,” over producer Quentin Miller’s cushioned, synth driven boardwork. While the title and lyrical content might be familiar to those who fancy a street-driven tune, Sassieon’s feathery style and the unique production give it a totally different vibe that makes this jam a quite refreshing, different listen. Thug Town can be found on Sassieon’s Love| Fear| & Fantasies II album, available for free stream right here at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/11/13
Submit your Rating
The Row Crew
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.