Football, Labor Day weekend, and a new jam from Sassieon Dupris; September is already off to a great start. Even though September is from part one of Dupris’s Love, Fear & Fantasies tape, released in 2012, it seems fitting the tune that gets the visual treatment this month. The tinted, foggy Vintage Savage-directed video captures the atmospheric vibe of Pat Young’s boardwork perfectly. Hammering home the record’s soulful, whimsical vibe, Dupris showcases an intoxicating, shrouded vocal style with a powerful, yet hypnotizing effect. If you want more, I encourage you to check out Love| Fear| & Fantasies II, available on iTunes and stream-able right here in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
The Row Crew
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.