Football, Labor Day weekend, and a new jam from Sassieon Dupris; September is already off to a great start. Even though September is from part one of Dupris’s Love, Fear & Fantasies tape, released in 2012, it seems fitting the tune that gets the visual treatment this month. The tinted, foggy Vintage Savage-directed video captures the atmospheric vibe of Pat Young’s boardwork perfectly. Hammering home the record’s soulful, whimsical vibe, Dupris showcases an intoxicating, shrouded vocal style with a powerful, yet hypnotizing effect. If you want more, I encourage you to check out Love| Fear| & Fantasies II, available on iTunes and stream-able right here in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
The Row Crew
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.