Damn, it’s been more than a year since last we heard from the Strong Arm Steady gang? Say it ain’t so! Those worried that Krondon, Mitchy Slick and Phil Da Agony have been slacking on their grind can breathe a sigh of relief – on the lead single off their forthcoming full-length, the West Coast natives assure us that they’ve been keeping it strictly On Point. Backed by the smoothly bumping, bass-driven production of Terrace Martin (complete with one of the most eccentrically funky hooks I’ve heard in a minute), SAS fill listeners in on what they’ve been up to lately: pimpin’ hoes, flirting with fine honeys, getting money, having money, f*cking money… you know, the usual. Joining the trio on the guest tip is a Bay Area native who’s never off his hustle; Too Short addresses wannabe ballers on the back, offering a few pointers on the art of pimpin’ and showing off the fruits of his fly labors. Does this aptly-named cut leave you craving more? Then pull out your Sharpies and mark your 2011 calendars (if you even have one already) for the February 11, release of SAS’ debut studio album, Arms & Hammers.
Written by richard on 11/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Trunk Music" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)