Damn, it’s been more than a year since last we heard from the Strong Arm Steady gang? Say it ain’t so! Those worried that Krondon, Mitchy Slick and Phil Da Agony have been slacking on their grind can breathe a sigh of relief – on the lead single off their forthcoming full-length, the West Coast natives assure us that they’ve been keeping it strictly On Point. Backed by the smoothly bumping, bass-driven production of Terrace Martin (complete with one of the most eccentrically funky hooks I’ve heard in a minute), SAS fill listeners in on what they’ve been up to lately: pimpin’ hoes, flirting with fine honeys, getting money, having money, f*cking money… you know, the usual. Joining the trio on the guest tip is a Bay Area native who’s never off his hustle; Too Short addresses wannabe ballers on the back, offering a few pointers on the art of pimpin’ and showing off the fruits of his fly labors. Does this aptly-named cut leave you craving more? Then pull out your Sharpies and mark your 2011 calendars (if you even have one already) for the February 11, release of SAS’ debut studio album, Arms & Hammers.
Written by richard on 11/16/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Trunk Music" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.