Have you ever felt like you just don’t fit in? Like you’re beautiful on the inside, but your true beauty is overlooked and you’re left to sit at the loser table at lunch while the football jocks laugh at you? Then you’ve probably been treated like what Sarah Green would call a Dirty Rose, and on her Booth debut feature, she says that’s just what she feels like in the music industry. Fortunately our dear friend Lupe Fiasco came to her rescue, and after being featured on several tracks on Lupe’s debut and sophomore albums, Sarah is finally ready to break out on her own. On the production side Dirty Rose features a simple but funky Bryce Wilson-provided electric guitar beat and some equally simple soul whining (you’ll see what I mean), while vocally Lupe spits a verse that neither helps nor harms the song, allowing Sarah to fittingly remain the star of the show as she lays down some enormously impressive vocals. Dirty Rose will be found on Sarah’s forthcoming yet currently untitled album. Keep an eye out for updates.
Written by Matty K on 08/5/10
1st & 15th
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Skeletons ft. Sarah Green" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.