With a name like Santino Corleon, its no wonder he calls himself a Bad Guy. Seriously, he has the perfect name for a Sopranos mob boss or Godfather underling, and nobody would even bat an eye if he decided to go the organized crime route… although he definitely has a knack for this hip-hop thing. The artist’s DJBooth debut features a vibrant beat from producer Sparkz Tha Trakman, who masterfully places a boastful horn atop a chiming rhythm section. Corleon’s rhyme style is just as colorful as the production; in his verses, he exhibits an energetic delivery and a flow that’s irresistible despite its grinding, against-the-grain sound. If you’re craving more from the Cincy rapper, stay on the lookout for his debut project, Keep the Change, set for a summer release.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
TheOneMic/DailyGrind Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Night Still Young" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.