With a name like Santino Corleon, its no wonder he calls himself a Bad Guy. Seriously, he has the perfect name for a Sopranos mob boss or Godfather underling, and nobody would even bat an eye if he decided to go the organized crime route… although he definitely has a knack for this hip-hop thing. The artist’s DJBooth debut features a vibrant beat from producer Sparkz Tha Trakman, who masterfully places a boastful horn atop a chiming rhythm section. Corleon’s rhyme style is just as colorful as the production; in his verses, he exhibits an energetic delivery and a flow that’s irresistible despite its grinding, against-the-grain sound. If you’re craving more from the Cincy rapper, stay on the lookout for his debut project, Keep the Change, set for a summer release.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
TheOneMic/DailyGrind Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Night Still Young" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.