With a name like Santino Corleon, its no wonder he calls himself a Bad Guy. Seriously, he has the perfect name for a Sopranos mob boss or Godfather underling, and nobody would even bat an eye if he decided to go the organized crime route… although he definitely has a knack for this hip-hop thing. The artist’s DJBooth debut features a vibrant beat from producer Sparkz Tha Trakman, who masterfully places a boastful horn atop a chiming rhythm section. Corleon’s rhyme style is just as colorful as the production; in his verses, he exhibits an energetic delivery and a flow that’s irresistible despite its grinding, against-the-grain sound. If you’re craving more from the Cincy rapper, stay on the lookout for his debut project, Keep the Change, set for a summer release.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
TheOneMic/DailyGrind Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Night Still Young" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.