The Game, the last featured single off Pepsi’s World Cup-themed Beats of the Beautiful Game LP, saw Kelly Rowland stressing the theme of global togetherness as she offered listeners an uplifting pep talk. Santigold‘s contribution, by contrast, is less of a call for unity than a battle cry. Over Yogi‘s adrenaline-pumping synth boardwork, the Philly indie-pop phenom offers competitors fair warning of what’s in store, shouting, “I’m Kicking Down the Doors, you know we mean war!” Andy Morahan provides some surprisingly gritty visuals to accompany the cut. For more stadium-ready bangers from a variety of the game’s hottest artists, check out Pepsi’s latest compilation album, out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn (Go Hard) ft. Santogold" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)