The Game, the last featured single off Pepsi’s World Cup-themed Beats of the Beautiful Game LP, saw Kelly Rowland stressing the theme of global togetherness as she offered listeners an uplifting pep talk. Santigold‘s contribution, by contrast, is less of a call for unity than a battle cry. Over Yogi‘s adrenaline-pumping synth boardwork, the Philly indie-pop phenom offers competitors fair warning of what’s in store, shouting, “I’m Kicking Down the Doors, you know we mean war!” Andy Morahan provides some surprisingly gritty visuals to accompany the cut. For more stadium-ready bangers from a variety of the game’s hottest artists, check out Pepsi’s latest compilation album, out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn (Go Hard) ft. Santogold" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.