The Game, the last featured single off Pepsi’s World Cup-themed Beats of the Beautiful Game LP, saw Kelly Rowland stressing the theme of global togetherness as she offered listeners an uplifting pep talk. Santigold‘s contribution, by contrast, is less of a call for unity than a battle cry. Over Yogi‘s adrenaline-pumping synth boardwork, the Philly indie-pop phenom offers competitors fair warning of what’s in store, shouting, “I’m Kicking Down the Doors, you know we mean war!” Andy Morahan provides some surprisingly gritty visuals to accompany the cut. For more stadium-ready bangers from a variety of the game’s hottest artists, check out Pepsi’s latest compilation album, out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn (Go Hard) ft. Santogold" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.