The Game, the last featured single off Pepsi’s World Cup-themed Beats of the Beautiful Game LP, saw Kelly Rowland stressing the theme of global togetherness as she offered listeners an uplifting pep talk. Santigold‘s contribution, by contrast, is less of a call for unity than a battle cry. Over Yogi‘s adrenaline-pumping synth boardwork, the Philly indie-pop phenom offers competitors fair warning of what’s in store, shouting, “I’m Kicking Down the Doors, you know we mean war!” Andy Morahan provides some surprisingly gritty visuals to accompany the cut. For more stadium-ready bangers from a variety of the game’s hottest artists, check out Pepsi’s latest compilation album, out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn (Go Hard) ft. Santogold" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.