The Game, the last featured single off Pepsi’s World Cup-themed Beats of the Beautiful Game LP, saw Kelly Rowland stressing the theme of global togetherness as she offered listeners an uplifting pep talk. Santigold‘s contribution, by contrast, is less of a call for unity than a battle cry. Over Yogi‘s adrenaline-pumping synth boardwork, the Philly indie-pop phenom offers competitors fair warning of what’s in store, shouting, “I’m Kicking Down the Doors, you know we mean war!” Andy Morahan provides some surprisingly gritty visuals to accompany the cut. For more stadium-ready bangers from a variety of the game’s hottest artists, check out Pepsi’s latest compilation album, out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn (Go Hard) ft. Santogold" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.