It was just two weeks ago that GoldLink unleashed his latest mixtape, The God Complex, but the DMV buzzmaker’s already started to miss the Booth. Thus, he’s returned to say “Wassup,” with a brand new promo single in tow. SANGO, the beatsmith who recently hooked up with SPZRCKT to bring us Beautiful Life, co-headlines this joint. His instrumental, previously released to the ‘net sans vocals, pairs a flute loop with a quirky, Bollywood-esque vocal sample and trap-tinged percussion. The simple, addictive production leaves plenty of room for Link to flex his flow, and flex he does. While his lyrical content is grimy and intimidating (“Take a dirty glock and pop you on the block.”), his animated delivery and deft double-time flows sound right at home over the breezy backdrop. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans in the D.C. area will be able to catch both GoldLink and SANGO performing at the upcoming Broccoli City Festival. Click here for further info on the event!
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Electronic Relaxation" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.