It was just two weeks ago that GoldLink unleashed his latest mixtape, The God Complex, but the DMV buzzmaker’s already started to miss the Booth. Thus, he’s returned to say “Wassup,” with a brand new promo single in tow. SANGO, the beatsmith who recently hooked up with SPZRCKT to bring us Beautiful Life, co-headlines this joint. His instrumental, previously released to the ‘net sans vocals, pairs a flute loop with a quirky, Bollywood-esque vocal sample and trap-tinged percussion. The simple, addictive production leaves plenty of room for Link to flex his flow, and flex he does. While his lyrical content is grimy and intimidating (“Take a dirty glock and pop you on the block.”), his animated delivery and deft double-time flows sound right at home over the breezy backdrop. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans in the D.C. area will be able to catch both GoldLink and SANGO performing at the upcoming Broccoli City Festival. Click here for further info on the event!
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Electronic Relaxation" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.