Though Homeboy Sandman‘s stage name is likely to ring a bell among loyal Booth readers thanks to his appearances on features by Fresh Daily and Soul Khan, a couple guest 16s hardly suffice to judge an emcee’s abilities. Today, the Big Apple buzzmaker’s back to prove that he is indeed Fully Equipped to carry a record on his own – and then some. The Clubhouse man the boards, serving up a chaotically catchy bass-percussion groove (complete with an unexpectedly pretty flute-accompanied outro), Homeboy busts out his most blistering flows as he burns through bar of free-associated freshness: “Lipton is brisk, rap listeners is pissed, no realer than this, gorillas in mist… y’all getting’ the gist, y’all catching my drift?” While fully sussing out the emcee’s train of thought may require multiple listens, the combo of stimulating rhymes and eccentrically dope boardwork should keep heads coming back for more. Not to mention, the dude can really hum. Those digging this innovative joint can hear more on HomebaseNYC‘s Live at the Clubhouse Vol. 1 compilation EP, scheduled to hit the ‘net Feb. 9.
Written by richard on 02/1/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.