Though Homeboy Sandman‘s stage name is likely to ring a bell among loyal Booth readers thanks to his appearances on features by Fresh Daily and Soul Khan, a couple guest 16s hardly suffice to judge an emcee’s abilities. Today, the Big Apple buzzmaker’s back to prove that he is indeed Fully Equipped to carry a record on his own – and then some. The Clubhouse man the boards, serving up a chaotically catchy bass-percussion groove (complete with an unexpectedly pretty flute-accompanied outro), Homeboy busts out his most blistering flows as he burns through bar of free-associated freshness: “Lipton is brisk, rap listeners is pissed, no realer than this, gorillas in mist… y’all getting’ the gist, y’all catching my drift?” While fully sussing out the emcee’s train of thought may require multiple listens, the combo of stimulating rhymes and eccentrically dope boardwork should keep heads coming back for more. Not to mention, the dude can really hum. Those digging this innovative joint can hear more on HomebaseNYC‘s Live at the Clubhouse Vol. 1 compilation EP, scheduled to hit the ‘net Feb. 9.
Written by richard on 02/1/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.