Introduced to our pages via his guest turn on Drizzy‘s latest effort, rising R&B star Sampha returns to make his solo DJBooth debut with the lead single off his next EP. On Without, the South London native proves that the smooth vocals he showcased on The Motion are just the beginning of what he has to offer. In addition to writing and performing the song, Sampha handles production duties, backing his emotionally-charged verses with syncopated rimshots, ghostly synths and ringing guitar chords. Interest piqued? You’ll be able to get better-acquainted with this multi-talented UK buzzmaker on Tuesday, July 27, when his Dual EP hits record stores and online retailers. Click here to pre-order the set via Sampha’s label, Young Turks Records.
Written by richard on 07/9/13
Submit your Rating
Yung Turks Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Motion" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.