Introduced to our pages via his guest turn on Drizzy‘s latest effort, rising R&B star Sampha returns to make his solo DJBooth debut with the lead single off his next EP. On Without, the South London native proves that the smooth vocals he showcased on The Motion are just the beginning of what he has to offer. In addition to writing and performing the song, Sampha handles production duties, backing his emotionally-charged verses with syncopated rimshots, ghostly synths and ringing guitar chords. Interest piqued? You’ll be able to get better-acquainted with this multi-talented UK buzzmaker on Tuesday, July 27, when his Dual EP hits record stores and online retailers. Click here to pre-order the set via Sampha’s label, Young Turks Records.
Written by richard on 07/9/13
Submit your Rating
Yung Turks Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Motion" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.