Don’t get it twisted; Sammy Adams’s latest feature is titled “Pop Money,” but this song is hardly a bubblegum pop record. Beliebers best better run the other way. Sure, the Bostonian’s energetic, intoxicating vocals would sound right at home on major label manufactured ear candy, but Matty Trump’s boardwork, which blends a little bit of trap with a touch of dubstep, gives the effort more edge. So, too do Sammy’s brash, boastful bars and his crisp, unrelenting delivery. In fact, it is the RCA signee’s edgy performance on the mic that both anchors the cut and shows us that there is more to him than meets the eye. Pop Money appears on the Republic Records compilation album, The Basement Chronicles, Vol. 1, out now via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Driving Me Crazy " (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.