Don’t get it twisted; Sammy Adams’s latest feature is titled “Pop Money,” but this song is hardly a bubblegum pop record. Beliebers best better run the other way. Sure, the Bostonian’s energetic, intoxicating vocals would sound right at home on major label manufactured ear candy, but Matty Trump’s boardwork, which blends a little bit of trap with a touch of dubstep, gives the effort more edge. So, too do Sammy’s brash, boastful bars and his crisp, unrelenting delivery. In fact, it is the RCA signee’s edgy performance on the mic that both anchors the cut and shows us that there is more to him than meets the eye. Pop Money appears on the Republic Records compilation album, The Basement Chronicles, Vol. 1, out now via iTunes.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!