Don’t get it twisted; Sammy Adams’s latest feature is titled “Pop Money,” but this song is hardly a bubblegum pop record. Beliebers best better run the other way. Sure, the Bostonian’s energetic, intoxicating vocals would sound right at home on major label manufactured ear candy, but Matty Trump’s boardwork, which blends a little bit of trap with a touch of dubstep, gives the effort more edge. So, too do Sammy’s brash, boastful bars and his crisp, unrelenting delivery. In fact, it is the RCA signee’s edgy performance on the mic that both anchors the cut and shows us that there is more to him than meets the eye. Pop Money appears on the Republic Records compilation album, The Basement Chronicles, Vol. 1, out now via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Driving Me Crazy " (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.