Don’t get it twisted; Sammy Adams’s latest feature is titled “Pop Money,” but this song is hardly a bubblegum pop record. Beliebers best better run the other way. Sure, the Bostonian’s energetic, intoxicating vocals would sound right at home on major label manufactured ear candy, but Matty Trump’s boardwork, which blends a little bit of trap with a touch of dubstep, gives the effort more edge. So, too do Sammy’s brash, boastful bars and his crisp, unrelenting delivery. In fact, it is the RCA signee’s edgy performance on the mic that both anchors the cut and shows us that there is more to him than meets the eye. Pop Money appears on the Republic Records compilation album, The Basement Chronicles, Vol. 1, out now via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/9/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Driving Me Crazy " (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.