Featured on our front page back in December of 2011, Sammy Adams’ first release as an RCA signee found the artist adding an alternative edge to his sound by way of a sample from the Pixies’ classic Where Is My Mind. Five months later, however, details on a freshman set are still sketchy, so he’s opted for a change in strategy. Setting aside—at least for the moment—the eclectic samples that characterized many of his previous features, the Boston phenom’s mounting a frontal assault on dance floors everywhere with Only One. Here J.O.B.‘s synth-drenched four-on-the-floor production (with light electric-guitar flourishes) sets the stage for a classic tale of young love. In high-energy verses, the emcee addresses a girl he recently met, describing his dawning realization that she had eclipsed all other females in his mind: “I can’t go out and I can’t look around, ‘cause none of these girls compare to you.” All the pieces are in place, but do they add up to a hit? Debate away, Booth readers—and keep you browsers locked you-know-where for the latest as Sammy Adams firms up plans for his major-label debut.
Written by richard on 05/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Driving Me Crazy " (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.