Incredibly it’s coming up on two years since overnight sensation Sam Adams, now knows as Sammy Adams, made his debut on our pages with Driving Me Crazy. Since then he’s only grown more determined to prove that that he can build a lasting career and new single Blow Up is the latest brick in that foundation. His first release since signing to RCA Records, Blow Up covers some very familiar rap territory – the never-ending pursuit of success. Producers J.O.B. & MadV flip a sample of punk rock legends The Pixies’ Lose My Mind into a beat that’s equal parts rock anthem and hip-hop grinder. From there Adams delves into the daily grind of a rapper floating somewhere between the bottom and top, pulling double duty on a sung hook and midtempo verses aimed at any doubters: “I just want to prove my teacher wrong / and prove my degree didn’t help me write this song.” While there’s still no word on a title or release date for Adams’ major label debut album, a blown up single will undoubtedly help both arrive sooner rather than later.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Driving Me Crazy " (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.