Incredibly it’s coming up on two years since overnight sensation Sam Adams, now knows as Sammy Adams, made his debut on our pages with Driving Me Crazy. Since then he’s only grown more determined to prove that that he can build a lasting career and new single Blow Up is the latest brick in that foundation. His first release since signing to RCA Records, Blow Up covers some very familiar rap territory – the never-ending pursuit of success. Producers J.O.B. & MadV flip a sample of punk rock legends The Pixies’ Lose My Mind into a beat that’s equal parts rock anthem and hip-hop grinder. From there Adams delves into the daily grind of a rapper floating somewhere between the bottom and top, pulling double duty on a sung hook and midtempo verses aimed at any doubters: “I just want to prove my teacher wrong / and prove my degree didn’t help me write this song.” While there’s still no word on a title or release date for Adams’ major label debut album, a blown up single will undoubtedly help both arrive sooner rather than later.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Driving Me Crazy " (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.