Incredibly it’s coming up on two years since overnight sensation Sam Adams, now knows as Sammy Adams, made his debut on our pages with Driving Me Crazy. Since then he’s only grown more determined to prove that that he can build a lasting career and new single Blow Up is the latest brick in that foundation. His first release since signing to RCA Records, Blow Up covers some very familiar rap territory – the never-ending pursuit of success. Producers J.O.B. & MadV flip a sample of punk rock legends The Pixies’ Lose My Mind into a beat that’s equal parts rock anthem and hip-hop grinder. From there Adams delves into the daily grind of a rapper floating somewhere between the bottom and top, pulling double duty on a sung hook and midtempo verses aimed at any doubters: “I just want to prove my teacher wrong / and prove my degree didn’t help me write this song.” While there’s still no word on a title or release date for Adams’ major label debut album, a blown up single will undoubtedly help both arrive sooner rather than later.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.