Aside from artists who fake a gangsta persona, one thing that I will never understand is how an artist can be comfortable broadcasting intimate details of their love life to their fans. Sammus, though an artist herself, also shares in this sentiment on Lovesong. Backed by her own bare-bones, old-school beat the Ivy League scholar emcee wrestles with having to craft a love song. With an enthusiastic flow, she poses questions like “How can I write about kissing you when I don’t want to share it with anyone?” Little does she know, in an effort to protest crafting a love song, she has actually put a refreshing twist on the popular genre. Lovesong is the first single off her currently untitled project, which is set to drop in May. While you wait, take a listen to her first Booth feature, BYP.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/8/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.