Aside from artists who fake a gangsta persona, one thing that I will never understand is how an artist can be comfortable broadcasting intimate details of their love life to their fans. Sammus, though an artist herself, also shares in this sentiment on Lovesong. Backed by her own bare-bones, old-school beat the Ivy League scholar emcee wrestles with having to craft a love song. With an enthusiastic flow, she poses questions like “How can I write about kissing you when I don’t want to share it with anyone?” Little does she know, in an effort to protest crafting a love song, she has actually put a refreshing twist on the popular genre. Lovesong is the first single off her currently untitled project, which is set to drop in May. While you wait, take a listen to her first Booth feature, BYP.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.