Aside from artists who fake a gangsta persona, one thing that I will never understand is how an artist can be comfortable broadcasting intimate details of their love life to their fans. Sammus, though an artist herself, also shares in this sentiment on Lovesong. Backed by her own bare-bones, old-school beat the Ivy League scholar emcee wrestles with having to craft a love song. With an enthusiastic flow, she poses questions like “How can I write about kissing you when I don’t want to share it with anyone?” Little does she know, in an effort to protest crafting a love song, she has actually put a refreshing twist on the popular genre. Lovesong is the first single off her currently untitled project, which is set to drop in May. While you wait, take a listen to her first Booth feature, BYP.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.