While she didn’t create the dope artwork pictured above and to the left—Gabriel Eng-Goetz, the man behind Big K.R.I.T’s dope cover art, gets the credit—Sammus pretty much does everything else; the Ithaca native produces, writes and rocks the mic. On her fourth Booth feature, Free, she utilizes all three of her talents, emphasizing that, while she’s happy to lend her fellow artists a hand on the guest tip, she expects remuneration for her efforts. Atop her own funky, electronic production, Sammus explains that, though she refuses to provide her services for free, she is by no means greedy. After all, a girl’s gotta eat (and pay her way through grad school!). If you want more from Sammus, I have good news: her new album, PRIME, is out today.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.