While she didn’t create the dope artwork pictured above and to the left—Gabriel Eng-Goetz, the man behind Big K.R.I.T’s dope cover art, gets the credit—Sammus pretty much does everything else; the Ithaca native produces, writes and rocks the mic. On her fourth Booth feature, Free, she utilizes all three of her talents, emphasizing that, while she’s happy to lend her fellow artists a hand on the guest tip, she expects remuneration for her efforts. Atop her own funky, electronic production, Sammus explains that, though she refuses to provide her services for free, she is by no means greedy. After all, a girl’s gotta eat (and pay her way through grad school!). If you want more from Sammus, I have good news: her new album, PRIME, is out today.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.