While she didn’t create the dope artwork pictured above and to the left—Gabriel Eng-Goetz, the man behind Big K.R.I.T’s dope cover art, gets the credit—Sammus pretty much does everything else; the Ithaca native produces, writes and rocks the mic. On her fourth Booth feature, Free, she utilizes all three of her talents, emphasizing that, while she’s happy to lend her fellow artists a hand on the guest tip, she expects remuneration for her efforts. Atop her own funky, electronic production, Sammus explains that, though she refuses to provide her services for free, she is by no means greedy. After all, a girl’s gotta eat (and pay her way through grad school!). If you want more from Sammus, I have good news: her new album, PRIME, is out today.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)