While she didn’t create the dope artwork pictured above and to the left—Gabriel Eng-Goetz, the man behind Big K.R.I.T’s dope cover art, gets the credit—Sammus pretty much does everything else; the Ithaca native produces, writes and rocks the mic. On her fourth Booth feature, Free, she utilizes all three of her talents, emphasizing that, while she’s happy to lend her fellow artists a hand on the guest tip, she expects remuneration for her efforts. Atop her own funky, electronic production, Sammus explains that, though she refuses to provide her services for free, she is by no means greedy. After all, a girl’s gotta eat (and pay her way through grad school!). If you want more from Sammus, I have good news: her new album, PRIME, is out today.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/18/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)