Do you ever get the urge to slap your unconscious mind upside the head, even though it’s your head? When my alarm went off this morning, my dream-self was in a mad rush to make it to the airport in time to catch a flight. Way to make my beauty sleep more stressful than my waking life, brain. As exasperating as dreams can be, though, they occasionally offer some downright vital insights. On Sammie‘s first solo feature since his summer ‘08 Booth debut, the Kiss Me Thru the Phone hookman/She Ain’t My Girl collaborator describes a nightmare in which his neglect of his girl leads to the death of their relationship. Realizing the consequences of his behavior, the singer resolves to change his ways – but first he has to Wake Up. Backed by the somber, slow-jam boardwork of J. Hype and Troy Taylor, this track packs an undeniable emotional punch, but will it be enough to rouse listeners who have been sleeping on the Miami up-and-comer? Only time will tell, but those who like what they’re hearing should be sure to pick up a copy of Sammie’s It’s Time EP, available now in stores and online.
Listen to More: Sammie
Written by richard on 01/14/10
StarCamp Ent./The Bar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Way Street" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.