Do you ever get the urge to slap your unconscious mind upside the head, even though it’s your head? When my alarm went off this morning, my dream-self was in a mad rush to make it to the airport in time to catch a flight. Way to make my beauty sleep more stressful than my waking life, brain. As exasperating as dreams can be, though, they occasionally offer some downright vital insights. On Sammie‘s first solo feature since his summer ‘08 Booth debut, the Kiss Me Thru the Phone hookman/She Ain’t My Girl collaborator describes a nightmare in which his neglect of his girl leads to the death of their relationship. Realizing the consequences of his behavior, the singer resolves to change his ways – but first he has to Wake Up. Backed by the somber, slow-jam boardwork of J. Hype and Troy Taylor, this track packs an undeniable emotional punch, but will it be enough to rouse listeners who have been sleeping on the Miami up-and-comer? Only time will tell, but those who like what they’re hearing should be sure to pick up a copy of Sammie’s It’s Time EP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 01/14/10
Submit your Rating
StarCamp Ent./The Bar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Way Street" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.