Do you ever get the urge to slap your unconscious mind upside the head, even though it’s your head? When my alarm went off this morning, my dream-self was in a mad rush to make it to the airport in time to catch a flight. Way to make my beauty sleep more stressful than my waking life, brain. As exasperating as dreams can be, though, they occasionally offer some downright vital insights. On Sammie‘s first solo feature since his summer ‘08 Booth debut, the Kiss Me Thru the Phone hookman/She Ain’t My Girl collaborator describes a nightmare in which his neglect of his girl leads to the death of their relationship. Realizing the consequences of his behavior, the singer resolves to change his ways – but first he has to Wake Up. Backed by the somber, slow-jam boardwork of J. Hype and Troy Taylor, this track packs an undeniable emotional punch, but will it be enough to rouse listeners who have been sleeping on the Miami up-and-comer? Only time will tell, but those who like what they’re hearing should be sure to pick up a copy of Sammie’s It’s Time EP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 01/14/10
Submit your Rating
StarCamp Ent./The Bar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Way Street" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.