Do you ever get the urge to slap your unconscious mind upside the head, even though it’s your head? When my alarm went off this morning, my dream-self was in a mad rush to make it to the airport in time to catch a flight. Way to make my beauty sleep more stressful than my waking life, brain. As exasperating as dreams can be, though, they occasionally offer some downright vital insights. On Sammie‘s first solo feature since his summer ‘08 Booth debut, the Kiss Me Thru the Phone hookman/She Ain’t My Girl collaborator describes a nightmare in which his neglect of his girl leads to the death of their relationship. Realizing the consequences of his behavior, the singer resolves to change his ways – but first he has to Wake Up. Backed by the somber, slow-jam boardwork of J. Hype and Troy Taylor, this track packs an undeniable emotional punch, but will it be enough to rouse listeners who have been sleeping on the Miami up-and-comer? Only time will tell, but those who like what they’re hearing should be sure to pick up a copy of Sammie’s It’s Time EP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 01/14/10
Submit your Rating
StarCamp Ent./The Bar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Way Street" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.