If you’re an unsigned artist slipping into the time of your life when “unsigned” takes on the connotation of “unemployed”, don’t read the rest of this sentence: Sammie signed a record deal before he even hit puberty. When he was only twelve years old, he was snatched up by hitmaker Dallas Austin and put to work on a debut album that would eventually go gold. 12 years and a GED later, the Tampa singer is back. His new single, One Way Street, showcases a much-matured Sammie. The first thing you’ll notice is that his voice has dropped about an octave. His lyrics have also grown up, as he is now old enough to sing about whatever he chooses. In this case, it’s vague street metaphors. No announcements have been made regarding his next album.
Listen to More: Sammie
Written by Charlie E. on 08/20/08
StarCamp Ent./The Bar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kiss Me Thru The Phone ft. Sammie" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)