If you’re an unsigned artist slipping into the time of your life when “unsigned” takes on the connotation of “unemployed”, don’t read the rest of this sentence: Sammie signed a record deal before he even hit puberty. When he was only twelve years old, he was snatched up by hitmaker Dallas Austin and put to work on a debut album that would eventually go gold. 12 years and a GED later, the Tampa singer is back. His new single, One Way Street, showcases a much-matured Sammie. The first thing you’ll notice is that his voice has dropped about an octave. His lyrics have also grown up, as he is now old enough to sing about whatever he chooses. In this case, it’s vague street metaphors. No announcements have been made regarding his next album.
Listen to More: Sammie Written by Charlie E.
StarCamp Ent./The Bar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kiss Me Thru The Phone ft. Sammie" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.