If you’re an unsigned artist slipping into the time of your life when “unsigned” takes on the connotation of “unemployed”, don’t read the rest of this sentence: Sammie signed a record deal before he even hit puberty. When he was only twelve years old, he was snatched up by hitmaker Dallas Austin and put to work on a debut album that would eventually go gold. 12 years and a GED later, the Tampa singer is back. His new single, One Way Street, showcases a much-matured Sammie. The first thing you’ll notice is that his voice has dropped about an octave. His lyrics have also grown up, as he is now old enough to sing about whatever he chooses. In this case, it’s vague street metaphors. No announcements have been made regarding his next album.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/20/08
Submit your Rating
StarCamp Ent./The Bar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kiss Me Thru The Phone ft. Sammie" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.