If your last exposure to Sammie was via January 2010’s Wake Up, you’ve got a little bit of a surprise in store. New EP single Gettin’Em finds the crooner trading the soft pop grooves for a harder-edged, club-ready sound. Here, Darryl “Arpegio Flo” Cook and Troy Taylor craft a hypnotic sampled beat to back the headliner’s vocals, as well as guest bars from Playaz Circle co-founder 2 Chainz. Watch for Sammie’s forthcoming EP to drop before the year is out, paving the way for his next album’s arrival in early 2012.
Written by richard on 10/27/11
Submit your Rating
StarCamp Ent./The Bar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Way Street" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.