If your last exposure to Sammie was via January 2010’s Wake Up, you’ve got a little bit of a surprise in store. New EP single Gettin’Em finds the crooner trading the soft pop grooves for a harder-edged, club-ready sound. Here, Darryl “Arpegio Flo” Cook and Troy Taylor craft a hypnotic sampled beat to back the headliner’s vocals, as well as guest bars from Playaz Circle co-founder 2 Chainz. Watch for Sammie’s forthcoming EP to drop before the year is out, paving the way for his next album’s arrival in early 2012.
StarCamp Ent./The Bar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Way Street" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!