If your last exposure to Sammie was via January 2010’s Wake Up, you’ve got a little bit of a surprise in store. New EP single Gettin’Em finds the crooner trading the soft pop grooves for a harder-edged, club-ready sound. Here, Darryl “Arpegio Flo” Cook and Troy Taylor craft a hypnotic sampled beat to back the headliner’s vocals, as well as guest bars from Playaz Circle co-founder 2 Chainz. Watch for Sammie’s forthcoming EP to drop before the year is out, paving the way for his next album’s arrival in early 2012.
StarCamp Ent./The Bar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Way Street" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.