If your last exposure to Sammie was via January 2010’s Wake Up, you’ve got a little bit of a surprise in store. New EP single Gettin’Em finds the crooner trading the soft pop grooves for a harder-edged, club-ready sound. Here, Darryl “Arpegio Flo” Cook and Troy Taylor craft a hypnotic sampled beat to back the headliner’s vocals, as well as guest bars from Playaz Circle co-founder 2 Chainz. Watch for Sammie’s forthcoming EP to drop before the year is out, paving the way for his next album’s arrival in early 2012.
Written by richard on 10/27/11
Submit your Rating
StarCamp Ent./The Bar Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Way Street" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.