Some dudes can hop into bed with one woman, then move on to the next with nary a tear shed. UK soul singer Sam Smith, on the other hand, has a tendency to get attached—like, really attached. On the latest single off his forthcoming debut full-length, the London native finds himself unable to walk away from what started out as a casual tryst. With Jimmy Napes‘s sweeping strings and reverberant piano chords as his backdrop, Smith begs the woman in his arms to remain with him a few moments longer: “This ain’t love it’s clear to see, but darling Stay With Me.” Though he admits his uncontrollable emotions “ain’t a good look,” I have a feeling many listeners will be able to relate to his situation. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for more singles leading up to the June 17, U.S. release of Sam’s debut set, In the Lonely Hour.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.