Some dudes can hop into bed with one woman, then move on to the next with nary a tear shed. UK soul singer Sam Smith, on the other hand, has a tendency to get attached—like, really attached. On the latest single off his forthcoming debut full-length, the London native finds himself unable to walk away from what started out as a casual tryst. With Jimmy Napes‘s sweeping strings and reverberant piano chords as his backdrop, Smith begs the woman in his arms to remain with him a few moments longer: “This ain’t love it’s clear to see, but darling Stay With Me.” Though he admits his uncontrollable emotions “ain’t a good look,” I have a feeling many listeners will be able to relate to his situation. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for more singles leading up to the June 17, U.S. release of Sam’s debut set, In the Lonely Hour.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Over the course of 2013 and early 2014, UK crooner Sam Smith has been building anticipation for the release of his major-label debut album with stunning singles like "Lay Me Down" and "Money on My Mind." Now, the project's...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.