Before you hit “play” on Sam Smith‘s latest feature, take a moment to clear your head of all thoughts relating to Kurt Cobain and company. The title of new EP single Nirvana refers not to the legendary grunge-rockers, but to the state of blissful nothingness sought by devotees of Buddhism. With that said, the method the UK singer/songwriter follows to achieve that condition is a touch unorthodox. Rather than swearing off earthly desires, he’s looking for transcendance in a certain woman’s arms. Over Chris & Hoax’ slow-burning electronic boardwork, the artist expresses his ambivalence regarding a fiery, yet potentially fleeting love affair, crooning, “I don’t think this will last / But you’re here in my arms.” Fans will be able to find Nirvana and much more on Smith’s forthcoming EP of the same name, scheduled for independent release October 7.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.