First featured, to rave DJBooth reviews, in late August, Sam Smith‘s Nirvana has received the remix treatment courtesy of UK beatmaker Two Inch Punch. More understated than its original model, which featured a majestic pop instrumental by Jonathan Creek and Craze & Hoax, this rendition of the cut comes backed by a skittering percussion rhythm and pensive music-box synths. On the chorus, the producer accents the subtly unsettling mood by slowing-down, chopping and looping the singer/songwriter’s plaintive falsetto vocals. This atmospheric revamp is just a promo single, but fans will be able to find the original on Sam Smith’s forthcoming EP of the same title, dropping October 4, via PMR Records.
Written by richard on 09/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.