First featured, to rave DJBooth reviews, in late August, Sam Smith‘s Nirvana has received the remix treatment courtesy of UK beatmaker Two Inch Punch. More understated than its original model, which featured a majestic pop instrumental by Jonathan Creek and Craze & Hoax, this rendition of the cut comes backed by a skittering percussion rhythm and pensive music-box synths. On the chorus, the producer accents the subtly unsettling mood by slowing-down, chopping and looping the singer/songwriter’s plaintive falsetto vocals. This atmospheric revamp is just a promo single, but fans will be able to find the original on Sam Smith’s forthcoming EP of the same title, dropping October 4, via PMR Records.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!