Back in August of 2013, London singer-songwriter Sam Smith stepped into the Booth with Nirvana, a slow-burning ballad that won high praise from our readership. UK beatsmith Two Inch Punch subsequently remixed the cut, but was unable to match the Craze & Hoax-produced original‘s lofty 4.25-star average rating. Now, Harry Fraud has thrown his hat into the ring. While the Brooklyn beatmaker’s rendition sticks closer to the source material than TIP’s Promised Land Remix, it nonetheless incorporates a few unique touches, including the subtle use of trap-style hi-hat rolls. Does this rendition measure up its prototype? Debate away—and, if you haven’t already, be sure to check out Smith’s more recent single selections, Money on My Mind and Make It to Me.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!