Back in August of 2013, London singer-songwriter Sam Smith stepped into the Booth with Nirvana, a slow-burning ballad that won high praise from our readership. UK beatsmith Two Inch Punch subsequently remixed the cut, but was unable to match the Craze & Hoax-produced original‘s lofty 4.25-star average rating. Now, Harry Fraud has thrown his hat into the ring. While the Brooklyn beatmaker’s rendition sticks closer to the source material than TIP’s Promised Land Remix, it nonetheless incorporates a few unique touches, including the subtle use of trap-style hi-hat rolls. Does this rendition measure up its prototype? Debate away—and, if you haven’t already, be sure to check out Smith’s more recent single selections, Money on My Mind and Make It to Me.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.