Before you hit “play” on Sam Smith‘s latest feature, take a moment to clear your head of all thoughts relating to Kurt Cobain and company. The title of new EP single Nirvana refers not to the legendary grunge-rockers, but to the state of blissful nothingness sought by devotees of Buddhism. With that said, the method the UK singer/songwriter follows to achieve that condition is a touch unorthodox. Rather than swearing off earthly desires, he’s looking for transcendance in a certain woman’s arms. Over Chris & Hoax’ slow-burning electronic boardwork, the artist expresses his ambivalence regarding a fiery, yet potentially fleeting love affair, crooning, “I don’t think this will last / But you’re here in my arms.” Fans will be able to find Nirvana and much more on Smith’s forthcoming EP of the same name, scheduled for independent release October 7.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.