Before you hit “play” on Sam Smith‘s latest feature, take a moment to clear your head of all thoughts relating to Kurt Cobain and company. The title of new EP single Nirvana refers not to the legendary grunge-rockers, but to the state of blissful nothingness sought by devotees of Buddhism. With that said, the method the UK singer/songwriter follows to achieve that condition is a touch unorthodox. Rather than swearing off earthly desires, he’s looking for transcendance in a certain woman’s arms. Over Chris & Hoax’ slow-burning electronic boardwork, the artist expresses his ambivalence regarding a fiery, yet potentially fleeting love affair, crooning, “I don’t think this will last / But you’re here in my arms.” Fans will be able to find Nirvana and much more on Smith’s forthcoming EP of the same name, scheduled for independent release October 7.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.