Before you hit “play” on Sam Smith‘s latest feature, take a moment to clear your head of all thoughts relating to Kurt Cobain and company. The title of new EP single Nirvana refers not to the legendary grunge-rockers, but to the state of blissful nothingness sought by devotees of Buddhism. With that said, the method the UK singer/songwriter follows to achieve that condition is a touch unorthodox. Rather than swearing off earthly desires, he’s looking for transcendance in a certain woman’s arms. Over Chris & Hoax’ slow-burning electronic boardwork, the artist expresses his ambivalence regarding a fiery, yet potentially fleeting love affair, crooning, “I don’t think this will last / But you’re here in my arms.” Fans will be able to find Nirvana and much more on Smith’s forthcoming EP of the same name, scheduled for independent release October 7.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.