A title like “Stay With Me” practically screams, “duet,” so perhaps it was fate that London crooner Sam Smith has hooked up with a female R&B singer to re-record his UK #1 debut single. Of course, his collaborator on this rendition isn’t just any songstress; it’s the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul herself. Drawn to Smith because of his vocal presence, which she’s compared to that of Luther Vandross, Mary J. Blige offers a powerful, full-throated contrast to the headliner’s softer, more vulnerable delivery. An unknown director’s visuals showcase the collaborators’ onstage chemistry. For Stay With Me and much more, check out Sam’s The Lonely Hour LP when it hits U.S. stores on Tuesday, June 17.
Written by richard on 06/3/14
Over the course of 2013 and early 2014, UK crooner Sam Smith has been building anticipation for the release of his major-label debut album with stunning singles like "Lay Me Down" and "Money on My Mind." Now, the project's...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.