There are about 7.046 billion people on earth, and the average person meets between 10,000 and 200,000 of them in his or her lifetime, so the odds of any given pair of soulmates finding each other are… well, let’s just say they’re pretty f*cking low. Evidently, UK soul singer Sam Smith is feeling lucky. On new single Make It to Me, he addresses the “distant stranger” with whom he’s destined to share a lifetime of romantic bliss, asking her to hurry up and rescue him from his current lonely existence. Howard (of Disclosure) and Jimmy Napes handle production duties on this heartfelt ballad, crafting a piano-led beat that’s every bit as simple and sweet as the record’s message. This cut is part of Smith’s forthcoming debut set, In The Lonely Hour, due out May 26, in the UK and June 3, in the US. Click here to check out the recently-released visuals for his last single, Money on My Mind. The artist will be touring North America from from 3/17 through 4/18, hitting ATL, Chicago, New York and Toronto and other major cities.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lay Me Down" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.